About this activity
Duration 11 hours
Pick-up at your Puno hotels if they are located in the downtown of Puno city. Pick-ups are not included from hotels located along the shore of the lake, such as: - Libertador - Sonesta - Casa Andina lake - Jose Antonio.
This activity is non-refundable
- Uncover the highest navigable lake in the world: Titicaca Lake
- Be amazed by the floating islands made entirely totora reeds.
- Enjoy the art work of the skilled weavers in Taquile
The day will start as we pick you up at your Puno accommodation at the beginning to begin our full day excursion towards the Lake Titicaca, accompanied by your expert guide you will venture to the most famous islands Uros and Taquile.
Uros is a beautiful group of floating islands a masterpiece itself as they are built entirely of Totora reeds, it is also the shelter of a small and kind community that has lived there from pre-Inca times. Take advantage of this time to meet and chat with the local residents until is time to move forward Taquile. This precious island has a similar culture to the Aymara people of Bolivia.
By the afternoon you will enjoy a delicious lunch made by a local community and afterwards get impressed by how skilled and talented the wavers in Taquile are as you appreciate their hard work.
As the afternoon comes, the tour must come to an end, and it is time to return back to your accommodation in Puno
- All pick-ups and transfers within Puno City Center hotels
- Tour as indicated in the description
- English-speaking guide
- Typical Lunch
- All admission fees
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- All pick-ups and transfers from hotels outside of Puno City Center
- Typical totora balsa ride.