Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Soyrococha (L, D)
Beginning bright and early, giving you time to enjoy breakfast, you will then be collected from your hotel in Cusco. (If you desire, you can ask for a box breakfast to enjoy it on the way). As we make our way to Soraypampa town (3920 mts/12860 ft) we will pass Mollepata town (2803 mts/ 9196.2 ft) on a 2.5 hour-ride, there will be majestic snow-capped mountains to delight your day. Shortly arriving at Soraypampa, our guide will be present in order to explain to us information regarding the trek. If you wish to hike to Humantay Lake, then it is an option that can be accomplished within 3 hours. Please take into consideration that after you have reached Humantay Lake and you are making your way back to the campsite, you will need to improve your pace in order to reach the site on time.
Winding through an ethereal valley for 3.5 hours, you will appreciate the all-encompassing views of the snow-capped peaks and its surroundings. Make the most of the scenery that Salkantay (6271 mts/ 20574.2 ft) which signifies “Wild Mountain” as well as Humantay (5862 mts/ 19232.3 ft) which means “Head of the Gods”. Take plenty of photos as we make our way to Salkantaypampa (4154 mts/ 13628.6 ft) lunch will already be awaiting us.
Hiking for another 2.5 hours, we will reach our luxury campsite called Soyrococha (4480 mts/14698.2 ft) Prior to indulging in dinner, you will be able to have a hot shower as well as a massage to ease off any tension accumulated from the walk. With our expert therapists, using organic essential oils. After your treatments, visit the dining tent in order to have some wonderful dinner, cooked by high-class chefs and served by your personal waiter. After indulging, go into your heated tent as you enjoy a time of pure tranquility, under the darkness of the Andes’ sky in your bedroom tent.
- Trek starting time: 09:30 am
- Arrival to campsite: 17:00 pm
- Minimum altitude: Soraypampa Town – 3920 masl/ 12860.9 ft.
- Maximum altitude: Soyrococha campsite – 4480 masl/14698.2 ft.
- Distance covered: 7 kms/4.4 mls (6 hours walking approx.)
- Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
- Meals included: Snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Day 2: Soyrococha – Salkantay Pass – Collpapampa (B, L, D)
Firstly, we will head towards the Salkantay Pass (4638 mts/ 15216.5 ft) that will take approximately 1.5 hours. After we have reached the location, we will be blessed by the presence of the Salkantay Mountain (6271 mts/ 20574.2 ft). In order to celebrate this milestone, we will toast a glass of champagne for completing this rewarding part of the hike. In continuation with the trek, we will discover many secrets treasures along the path.
If you are an experienced hiker and wish to see more, then you have the opportunity to visit another turquoise water lagoon called Salkantaycocha. 1 hour is the necessary time in order to arrive there and back, and offers some beautiful natural scenery. In continuation of the trail, you may encounter a higher number of mosquitoes, as there will be an increase in lush vegetation. Please bring repellent spray with you and apply it as needed. Our way day will require 3.5 hours until we reach our selected location for lunch, Wayracmachay (3906 mts/ 12814.9 ft). Take this opportunity to regain your much needed strength with a gourmet savory lunch, including many refreshing beverages.
Finally, we will head to the campsite for 4 hours, where you will be able to see many beautiful flora. Soon enough you will reach the luxury Collpapampa campsite (2870 mts/ 9416.0 ft) where you will be greeted with a hot shower followed by a relaxing massage. Dinner will promptly be served, as you can make the most of this opportunity to share your wonderful photos you’re your guide and later indulge in the privacy of your cozy bedroom tent.
- Wake-up time: 05:30 am
- Trek starting time: 07:00 am
- Arrival to campsite: 17:30 pm
- Minimum altitude: Collpapampa campsite – 2870 masl/ 9416.0 ft.
- Maximum altitude: Salkantay Pass – 4638 masl/15216.5 ft.
- Distance covered: 17 kms/10.6 mls (9 hours walking approx.)
- Difficulty: Challenging.
- Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Day 3: Collpapampa – Lluscamayo – Playa Sahuayaco (B, L, D)
Wake up and feel refreshed, as you join a 30-40 minute yoga session lead by our expert therapist. After your body is feeling reenergized, enjoy a hot shower followed by a delicious breakfast, as you embark on a hefty 5 hour hike through some exotic flora, as you descend into a thick cloud forest. On this hike, you will also pass through the farming villages of Wiñaypoco (2650 mts/ 8694.2 ft) as well as Lluscamayo (2420 mts/ 7939.6 ft). We will have the pleasure of speaking to come local families, and learn about their lifestyle on these villages.
To finalize the day, we will arrive to our campsite at Playa Sahuayaco (2100 mts/ 6889.8 ft) as we encounter our tasty gourmet lunch. Upon enjoying lunch, time will be given for you to have a hot shower as well as a massage to ease your muscles from any tension. You will be taken on a private tour of the coffee plantations. After learning something new, you will be taken to enjoy a gourmet dinner served in the dining tent. Make the most of the final evening with our crew, we suggest you give them a toast for all their hard efforts to create a spectacular journey filled with many memorable moments. Cheers!
- Wake-up time: 05:45 am
- Trek starting time: 08:30 am
- Arrival to campsite: 13:30 pm
- Minimum altitude: Playa Sahuayaco campsite – 2100 masl/ 6889.8 ft.
- Maximum altitude: Collpapampa campsite – 2870 masl/ 9416.0 ft.
- Distance covered: 15 kms/9.3 mls (5 hours walking approx.)
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
- Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time and dinner.
Day 4: Playa Sahuayaco - Llaqtapata - Aguas Calientes (B, L, D)
We pride in our excellence, therefore we hope that you have had a ravishing time on this tour so far. Wake up at 5 am, in order to enjoy your nutritious breakfast, and later on continue with a large portion of the hike. In continuation, we will board private transport in order for us to arrive in Lucmabamba (2062 mts/ 6765.1 ft) after 20 minutes, on arrival an original Inca trail is awaiting to be rediscovered by us. It will be an uphill hike towards the archaeological site of Llaqtapata (2736 mts/ 8976.4 ft). After all that walking, our lunch with stunning views at the Llaqtapata Lodge Viewpoiint (2570 mts/ 8431.8 ft) is awaiting us. All meals provided will be homemade, using the finest quality of fruits and vegtables that are grown locally. Appreciate the sights of Veronica Mountain as well as the Volcanota River.
Starting our journey downwards towards Hydroelectric train station (1771 mts/ 5810.4 ft) where we can have a small time to rest prior to continuing hiking parallel to the train tracks for a futher 3 hours so that we can reach the town of Aguas Calientes. There is an abundance of flora and fauna on the trail, with a wide variety of vegetation to appreciate. Your reward awaits you, as you have reached the end of an incredible 2 day excursion. As soon as you arrive at the location of Aguas Calientes (2070 mts/ 6791.3 ft) you will be taken to your luxury 5* hotel. (If you desire to stay at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, there will be additional costs for modifying the itinierary).
Once you had settled at your hotel and coordinated with your guide the pick-up time for the nest day, it’s time for a well-deserved dinner (included with your accommodation) and to have a restful sleep in a lush room.
- Wake-up time: 04:30 am
- Trek starting time: 06:00 am
- Arrival to Aguas Calientes: 17:00 pm
- Minimum altitude: Hydroelectric – 1771 masl/ 5810.4 ft.
- Maximum altitude: Llaqtapata archaeological site – 2736 masl/ 8976.4 ft.
- Distance covered: 22 kms/13.7 mls (8.5 hours walking approx.)
- Difficulty: Challenging.
- Meals included: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner with your hotel accommodation.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B, L, D)
TArise early, as you will be escorted by your guide, from your hotel, for you to catch the bus to the Machu Picchu citadel. The ride will takes 30 minutes. Depending on the weather, you may catch a glimpse of the sun rising above the citadel. During high tourist peak times, April to July, queues may be longer than usual. Being present in the majestic mountains and scenery of Machu Picchu (2430 mts/ 7972.4 ft) will make you appreciate the time it took for you to reach this World Wonder. Our guide will explain to us the incredible theories and the history of Machu Picchu.
Awaiting you at the end of your tour is a delicious lunch a la carte is included with the program. Following lunch, you will participate in a unique tea time experience, which is included with your Hiram Bingham train service, as you share your experience on the tour, before you embark your train to arrive in Aguas Calientes. It is a 30-minute ride.
We have carefully selected an exclusive Pullman wagon, from the twenties, for you to board I order to reach Poroy train station. During your journey, experience life for the high-class in the 1920’s with a wonderful dinner served to you on board, accompanied by a Peruvian cocktail as well as live music. Our View Peru representative will be awaiting your presence and escort you to your private vehicle where you will be taken to your hotel in Cusco. The journey will take approximately 40 minutes.
- Pick up time: 07:00 am
- Tour starting time: 08:00 am
- Arrival to Cusco: 21:56 pm
- Minimum altitude: Aguas Calientes Town – 2070 masl/6791.3 ft.
- Maximum altitude: Machu Picchu citadel – 2430 masl/ 7972.4 ft.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, Hiram Bingham tea time and dinner on board.
OUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Ultra Luxury camping service.
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes at a trusted 5-star hotel including breakfast and private bathroom
- 3 nights camping.
- Hiram Bingham return train tickets.
- duffle bags
- Wine, Champagne, water.
- All entrance fees and permits
- Meals indicated on itinerary (B, L, D)
- Massage Session during 3 nights on the trek
- Hot Shower during the Inca trail
- Bath and hand Towels per person
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Deluxe from start to finish.
- Modern trekking and camping equipment.
- English-speaking guides with knowledge of archeological sites along the Trail.
- Oxygen bottle and first-aid kits
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights, or airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Meals not noted
- Personal Travel insurance